Bomb threat prompts evacuation at UCLA
LOS ANGELES, July 13 (Xinhua) -- A phoned-in bomb threat at University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) prompted evacuations of residents from several campus dorms Wednesday night.
Photos from the scene showed that thousands of residents have been evacuated after the bomb threat to Drake Stadium, home of the UCLA Bruins soccer and track and field teams. More than a dozen residence halls were evacuated, according to reports from the scene.
"Bomb threat at Sunset Recreation (Center). Residents are requested to remain indoors unless otherwise instructed. Avoid the area until further notice," UCLA tweeted the first emergency alert just after 10 p.m. local time Wednesday (0500 GMT Thursday).
Police searched the recreation center with four bomb-detecting dogs, and said no explosives had been found so far.
The UCLA Bruin Alert, the campus emergency notification system, was issued about 12:21 a.m. (1921 GMT) on Thursday, announcing that emergency operations are concluding and the threat was unfounded.
"ALL CLEAR. Resume normal activities, please use caution and increase your awareness," UCLA Bruin Alert said.[ Editor: meng ]