Chen Xiniang:inheritor of Hani Multi-voice Folk Songs

我叫陈习娘,现在55岁 My name is Chen Xiniang. I’m 55 years old.

是哈尼多声部民歌传承人 I’m the inheritor of Hani Multi-voice Folk Songs

云南红河普春罗么人 I live in Luomo Village of Puchun in Honghe, southwest China’s Yunnan Province.

哈尼族 I’m a member of the Hani ethnic group.

我叫李白章 哈尼族 My name is Li Baizhang, a member of Hani ethnic group.

是云南省红河州红河县的一名基层文化工作者 I’m a grassroots cultural worker from Honghe County in Honghe Prefecture, southwest China’s Yunnan Province.

我们哈尼族是一个特别勤劳 勇敢和智慧的民族 We Hani people are very diligent, brave and wise.

我们是在生活在大山上 We live in the mountains.

就在大山上开垦了那么一大片梯田 We opened up large tracts of terraced fields in the mountains.

所以有人就说哈尼族就是一个雕刻大山的民族 Therefore, some people say that Hani is an ethnic group that engraves the mountains.

哈尼族多声民歌和梯田分不开 Hani Multi-voice Folk Songs have close ties with terraced fields.

因为它实际上的名字叫做栽秧山歌 Because actually its name is Mountain Songs on Transplanting Seedlings

是在栽秧的时候所唱的一种民歌 It is a kind of folk songs sung while people transplant rice seedlings.

所以它是属于四季生产调里边的春季调 Therefore, it belongs to the Spring Key in the four-season production keys.

自古以来,哈尼族唱的四季生产调内容(有)调情的 有祈福的 有教育的 Since ancient times, Hani people’s four-season production keys cover love, prayers, and education.

你一句,我一句,我弹三弦、你吹笛子 We all sing one by one. Or I play the Sanxian, while you play the flute.

共同祝福来年收成好 To pray for a good harvest

我从学习哈尼古歌的过程中 In the process of learning Hani ancient songs,

感悟到了哈尼人的历史 认识了怎样做事做人 I realized the history of Hani people, knew how to do things and conduct myself

从第一次申报非遗以来 Since the first time we applied for intangible cultural heritage registration,

多声民歌就在全世界引起了强烈的反响 Our folk songs have aroused strong repercussions all over the world

它的价值就在于向世界证明我们东方也有多声音乐现象 Its value is to prove to the world that multi-voice music also exists in the East

很早的时候就到过美国 到过日本 It has been introduced to the United States and Japan a long time ago

进我们哈尼族的村子里面 When you come into our Hani village,

墙体上画一些我们哈尼族的农耕文化 The walls are painted with some of our agricultural activities,

我们的风景,我们身边所产生的一些事和物 As well as our landscape and some of the things that happen around us

游客到我们这里很直观的可以看到我们哈尼族的很多的文化现象 Tourists can see many cultural phenomena about Hani ethnic group directly here

通过这样的展示 让世界或者外界更多的了解我们哈尼族一路走来的文化。 Through such displays, the world can learn more about our culture

我没读过书,对儿女和学生(徒弟)只能口传心授 I am not an educated person, and I can only teach my children and disciples by oral teaching

我给他们讲,这东西很有价值, I told them that it is very valuable,

早有一日 你们(会)像饥渴时需要水一样需要它 Someday you will need it as you need water when you are thirsty.

[ Editor: WPY ]
 

Comment

View all

Comments are filtered for language and registration is not required. Guangming Online makes no guarantee of comments' factual accuracy. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.