Gari: inheritor of the Tibetan Bangdian

(老传承人:)

(the inheritor:)

我叫嘎日,藏族。

I’m Gari, a member of the Tibetan ethnic group.

我的家乡在山南市贡嘎县杰德秀镇。

My hometown is Jedeshol Township in Gonggar County in Shannan City.

我是藏族邦典制作技艺国家级非物质文化遗产的代表性传承人。

I’m a representative inheritor of the Tibetan Bangdian, a national-level intangible cultural heritage.

(女儿:)

(the inheritor’s daughter:)

我叫丹增卓嘎,是藏族,

I’m Tenzin Drolkar, a member of the Tibetan ethnic group.

我的妈妈是藏族邦典编织技艺代表性传承人。

My mother is a representative inheritor of the Tibetan Bangdian Weaving Technique.

我从13岁开始跟着我的妈妈学邦典编织技艺。

I started to learn bangdian weaving from my mother at the age of 13.

藏族邦典是我们西藏的妇女腰间戴的一个装饰。

The Tibetan bangdian is the ornament Tibetan women tie around their waists.

一千多年以前,我们藏族的先民按照雨后的彩虹颜色来编织了邦典。

More than 1,000 years ago, our ancestors started to weave bangdian according to the colors of the rainbow.

像彩虹一样的邦典,让人感受到一种生命力。

The rainbow-like bangdian invigorates people.

杰德秀的女人不愁嫁,因为我们会织彩虹。

There’s no need for women from Jedeshol to worry about their marriage, because they can weave “rainbows”.

(老传承人:)

(the inheritor:)

现在我和我丈夫创办的合作社由我女儿经营了,

Now my daughter runs the cooperative my husband and I established.

女儿很能干,我的手艺也后继有人了。

She is quite capable as my successor.

我们的民族文化就这样一代代传承下去,这是我最开心的事。

The happiest thing to me is that our ethnic culture can be passed down from generation to generation.

现在路也通了,也有手机,有网,

Now there’re roads linking us to the outside world. We have mobile phones and have access to the internet.

年轻人学了知识,去到更远的地方了,就看到了更广阔的世界以前这是根本不敢想象的。

Young people have learned more knowledge, and have entered a wider world. This was totally unimaginable before.

现在,孩子通过微信朋友圈就能卖我们的邦典。

Now, my daughter can sell bangdians through Wechat.

(女儿:)

(the inheritor’s daughter:)

现在我们藏族妇女的话,平时便装上面也带邦典,

Now we Tibetan women also wear bangdians when we wear casual clothes.

我们平时跳锅庄舞的时候也戴邦典,一群人一起跳,然后很热闹的那种。

We wear bangdians when we perform Guozhuang Dance. It would be such a lively scene when lots of people are dancing together.

过节日的时候穿盛装上面的邦典比较好看,也比较鲜艳一点。

Bangdians on the costumes we wear at festivals are in brighter colors and are more beautiful.

我们邦典的话卖到拉萨、日喀则、那曲,西藏的话各个地方都有,有些卖到国外。

Our bangdians are sold at all the places in Tibet, such as Lhasa, Shigatse, and Naqu. They’re also sold in foreign countries.

(老传承人:)

(the inheritor:)

以前根本不敢想象会有现在这样的好日子,

I could never imagine to have such a wonderful life before.

现在是新时代了,现在我们国家各个方面越来越好了,

We’ve entered a new era, and our country is getting better in every aspect.

所以我们的生活才能像高原上的格桑花一样红火。

So our lives are as beautiful as the Galsang flowers blooming across the plateau.

[ Editor: Shi Ruoqi ]
 

Comment

View all

Comments are filtered for language and registration is not required. Guangming Online makes no guarantee of comments' factual accuracy. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.