Tashi Yungchen and the Lhoba ethnic culture

我叫扎西央金,是珞巴族,

I’m Tashi Yungchen, a member of the Lhoba ethnic group.

我的家乡是山南市隆子县斗玉珞巴民族乡。

My hometown is Douyu Lhoba Ethnic Township, Lhunze County, Shannan City.

珞巴族是人口较少的一个民族,

Lhoba is a small ethnic group.

只有语言没有文字。

We have our own language, but we don’t have our own writing system.

犀鸟,我们珞巴族可以说是一个神鸟。

Lhoba people regard the hornbill as a divine bird.

珞巴服饰是2008年成为我们国家的非物质文化遗产,

In 2008, the Costume of the Lhoba Ethnic Group was recognized as an intangible cultural heritage of our country.

我母亲是珞巴服饰传承人。

My mother is an inheritor of the Lhoba costume.

黑色和白色是我们珞巴族服饰的主要的颜色。

The primary colors of the Lhoba cosume are black and white.

现在的话,因为我们人的审美观念也在发生变化,所以颜色也多种多样的。

The costume becomes more colorful, as we have different aesthetic views now.

还有首饰方面,从头饰、腰饰,然后我们的项链,还有我们的脚上的有一些东西,

In regard to ornaments, we have headwear, necklaces, and articles worn on the waist and the ankle.

这些都是我们珞巴族的,它独有的一个民族的特色。

All these ornaments are unique to the Lhoba ethnic group.

珞巴族男性的服饰主要是帽子上面有特殊的意义,

As for the male costume, there’s something special about the hat.

帽檐上有一个犀鸟的喙。

There’s a hornbill’s beak on the brim.

还有一个就是刀,珞巴刀,

We also have our Lhoba knives,

珞巴刀的话,是我们珞巴族的男士的日常生活里面不能缺少一个东西,

which are necessary for Lhoba men in daily life.

是我们县级的一个非遗。

The Lhoba knife is an intangible cultural heritage of our county.

小刀,主要是平时吃食物的时候用的。

The knife in the smallest size is used when we eat food.

比较中长的一个刀,那个主要是我们平时在森林里面,以前打猎的时候,用那个砍木、砍树。

The medium-sized knife was used, in the past, to cut trees when we went for hunting in forests.

长的那个是一个装饰。

The longest one is a decoration.

我是1998年考上大学,

I was admitted to college in 1998.

然后2012年开始到现在是我们现在乡里面工作。

Since 2012, I’ve been working in our ethnic township.

我大学毕业之后回乡的主要原因,一个是思乡,

I came back to hometown after graduation because of homesickness.

第二个就是我比较喜欢我们珞巴民族的文化。

My return is also driven by my love of our Lhoba ethnic culture.

我希望我们这个珞巴文化的话,

I hope that the Lhoba ethnic culture can be like a hornbill,

像犀鸟这个神鸟一样飞出我们这个大山吧,飞出去,

flying over the mountains and reaching the outside world,

就是(让)每个角落里面都知道有这个文化。

so as to let every corner of the world know about our culture.

[ Editor: Shi Ruoqi ]
 

Comment

View all

Comments are filtered for language and registration is not required. Guangming Online makes no guarantee of comments' factual accuracy. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.