Adili Wuxor: inheritor of the Uygur Dawazi

我是阿迪力·吾休尔,维吾尔族

I’m Adili Wuxor, a member of the Uygur ethnic group.

国家级非物质文化遗产维吾尔族达瓦孜的第六代传人

I’m the sixth-generation inheritor of the Uygur Dawazi, a national-level intangible cultural heritage.

达瓦孜是高空走绳的意思

Dawazi means aerial tightrope walking.

有两千多年的历史,是中华传统艺术

It's a traditional Chinese art with a history of more than 2,000 years.

我是8岁开始走达瓦孜,走到现在已经整整40年

I started to learn Dawazi at the age of 8. It’s been 40 years since then.

我的艺术人生一直在钢丝绳上面

I’ve always been on the wire rope throughout my artistic life.

这个不好学。因为这个达瓦孜高惊险的一个运动

Dawazi is a high-risk sport, and is not easy to learn.

以前是我们的祖先他们走麻绳

In the past, our ancestors walked on hemp ropes.

离地面21米高的地方有45度斜度走上去

Dawazi performers walk up a 45-degree slop to reach 21 meters above the ground.

两千多年,我们没有带过保险绳

In the 2,000-year history of Dawazi, no performers wear safety harnesses.

蒙眼、跳舞,全是把这个麻绳的软的这个跟我们这个配合的

They cover their eyes and dance on the soft hemp rope.

现在我们保留这个高难度的节目

Now, we retain this highly-challengable performance.

现在,我们在长的地方拉钢丝,开始我们自己创新以前都没有的动作,

We walk on the steel wire, and make innovative movements during the performance,

(在)上面金鸡独立,还有上面的呼啦圈,还有作揖这样的动作。

such as tanding on one foot, twirling a hula hoop, and bowing with hand clasped.

我走过很多地方

I’ve been to lots of places.

有不同的风险,有不同的风景

I’ve been at different levels of risks, but I’ve also seen different sceneries.

有长江三峡,南岳衡山,北京的鸟巢,还有黄河,母亲河

I’ve been to Three Gorges Dam on the Yangtze River, the Hengshan Mountain in Hunan, the Birds Nest Stadium in Beijing, as well as our mother river, the Yellow River.

我遇到过很多的困难

I’ve encountered lots of obstacles.

但是我一点都不放弃,一步一步走到现在

But I never gave up. I always keep walking, step by step.

现在我的后面你们看到的这个我们美丽的新疆的独山子大峡谷,

Now you can see behind me the beautiful Dushanzi Grand Canyon in Xinjiang.

美丽壮观,拉的2000米的钢丝,马上就要进行这个地方,要走4公里

It’s extremely magnificent. I’ll perform Dawazi there on a 2,000-meter steel wire, walking back and forth for 4 kilometers.

今年的这个新中国庆祝70周年,

To mark the 70th anniversiry of the founding of PRC,

我选择了这个地方,

I’ve chosen here to perform Dawazi.

我自己的走钢丝在感谢亲爱的祖国,我送给她一个礼物。

I want to make this performance a present to our motherland.

维吾尔族达瓦孜是中国一绝,世界上独一无二的,这是我们中国有。

The Uygur Dawazi is unique in the world. It’s unique to China.

我培养了20多名孩子

I have more than 20 apprentices.

我看到他们的表演,我就放心了

I felt very relieved when I saw their performances.

他们就是我们以后的这个达瓦孜的真正的传承人。

They’ll be the next-generation inheritors of Dawazi.

[ Editor: Shi Ruoqi ]
 

Comment

View all

Comments are filtered for language and registration is not required. Guangming Online makes no guarantee of comments' factual accuracy. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.