Iran says aborts U.S. "maximum pressure" campaign

TEHRAN, Oct. 1 (Xinhua) -- Iran's first Vice President, Es'haq Jahangiri, said Tuesday that his country has aborted U.S. "maximum pressure" campaign against the Islamic republic, official IRNA news agency reported.

"The Americans have learned that 'maximum pressure' campaign is not workable for Iran," Jahangiri was quoted as saying.

Through solidarity and unity among Iranians, Iran will overcome all the hardship that has been caused by the U.S. "oppressive sanctions," he was quoted as saying.

Jahangiri called for "vigilance" over what he called the "critical" condition of region which has turned the region into an "assortment of gunpowder."

Following the U.S. unilateral exit from the Iranian 2015 landmark nuclear deal last year and subsequent sanctions on the Islamic republic, tensions have escalated between Iran, on the one side, and the United States and its regional allies, on the other.

[ Editor: Liu Jiaming ]
 

Comment

View all

Comments are filtered for language and registration is not required. Guangming Online makes no guarantee of comments' factual accuracy. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.