Han Zhanxiang: inheritor of the Salar Wedding Ceremony

我叫韩占祥,是撒拉族,

I’m Han Zhanxiang, a member of the Salar ethnic group.

国家级非物质文化撒拉族婚礼的传承人。

I’m an inheritor of the Salar Wedding Ceremony, a national-level intangible cultural heritage.

循化地处黄河上游的河谷地带,是中国撒拉族的故乡,

Xunhua, the hometown of Salar people, is located in the valley area along the upper reaches of the Yellow River.

街子是撒拉民族的发祥地,骆驼泉是撒拉民族的象征。

The place of origin of the Salar ethnic group is Jiezi Township, and our emblem is the Camel Spring.

丰富多彩、源远流长的民族文化,以口口传播的性质代代相传。

Our rich and profound culture has a long history and has been passed down in oral forms for generations.

撒拉族花儿是传递撒拉族爱情的一种重要的手段。

Hua’er, (a kind of folk songs peculiar to northwest China,) is an important means for us to express love.

不论在田间地头,或者是哪个人口集中的地方,都要有的。

You can hear Hua’er in the fields or where people concentrate.

咱们这个撒拉族所谓青海的说花儿是女的,少年是男的,连起来叫“花儿与少年”。

For Salar people in Qinghai Province, Hua’er refers to the female, while Shaonian refers to the male.

是我们传递爱情的密语。

So Hua’er and Shaonian make up the code through which we express our love.

因为循化的地理位置、自然概况、气候条件的优越,

The geographical location of Xunhua is perfect. Its natural environment and climate are also very favorable.

拿一把种子撒出去,可以生根发芽、开花结果。

So plant seeds sprout easily here. They bloom well and bear fruits easily.

于是这个民族在历史的长河里面,有意无意、自觉不自觉地形成了一个爱花的民族。

In such an environment, Salar people have grown fond of flowers.

那么咱们爱到什么程度?

So how much do we love flowers?

夏天的花败了,冬天怎么办?

What do we do in winter when summer flowers have already withered?

冬天的花在房顶上开着。也就是咱们所说的那种庭院建筑文化。

We place flowers on the roof, and this is part of our architectural culture.

撒拉族一般的咱们的中国的汉语文学的这个门当户对。说亲的时候,要看他的庭院建筑,

We regard the standard of courtyard architecture of both families as a criterion to see if an engaged couple is a perfect match.

结婚这是一个大喜事,咱们的结婚时间大部分都是冬天,

Marriage is a major joyous occassion, and Salar weddings mostly take place in winter.

撒拉族姑娘出嫁前,“三忙”是必修课。

Salar women are always busy taking three courses before marriage.

做饭忙、绣花忙,还要学一点伦理道德。

Cooking, embroidery, and moral lessons.

男的也罢,女的也罢,给他专门有结婚的服装。

We have wedding costumes for both male and female.

撒拉族的花儿也罢、建筑文化、服饰文化、饮食文化,这些汇聚起来,也就是说成为我们撒拉族自己的文化,

Hua’er, architecture, costume, and food. Our own culture consists of them all.

不像那个民族,也不像这个民族,汇聚起来,就是撒拉族。

They’re unlike those of any other ethnic groups. Formational put together, they constitute the peculiar culture of the Salar ethnic group.

[ Editor: Shi Ruoqi ]
 

Comment

View all

Comments are filtered for language and registration is not required. Guangming Online makes no guarantee of comments' factual accuracy. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.