China's State Council Information Office on Tuesday issued a white paper titled "A Global Community of Shared Future: China's Proposals and Actions".
The concept of a global community of shared future has deep roots in China’s profound cultural heritage and its unique experience of modernization, said the white paper.
Here are some highlights:
1. Inheriting the best of traditional Chinese culture
- The Chinese nation believes all nations together are one community, advocates fraternity among all peoples and peace for all countries, follows the principle of interstate relations that the strong do not bully the weak and the rich do not insult the poor, and pursues a world of fairness and justice for the common good.
2. Showcasing the global vision of the Communist Party of China
- The CPC is committed to seeking progress for China while benefiting the wider world, bringing a good life to the Chinese people and also helping other peoples to prosper, and contributing more to humanity.
3. Promoting the fine diplomatic traditions of New China
- Over the past 70 years and more, China has made notable progress, established fine traditions, and forged a tenacious character and unique strengths in developing foreign relations. The initiative of building a global community of shared future builds on the PRC’s diplomatic philosophies, strategic thinking and traditions, and opens up new horizons for major-country diplomacy with Chinese characteristics.
4. Incorporating the outstanding achievements of other civilizations
- All civilizations around the world have manifestations of the concept of a global community of shared future. Ancient Greek philosophers conducted primary research on this concept based on city-states, believing that humanity as one community should act in concert to pursue common interests and thus must live in harmony. Ancient Indian literature records the motto of “Under Heaven – one family”. The African philosophy of Ubuntu holds that “I am because we are,” emphasizing interdependence of humanity.