Family of Zhu Dandan

我叫祝丹丹

I’m Zhu Dandan.

来自于北京同仁医院急诊科

I work in the emergency department of Beijing Tongren Hospital.

我是一名护士

I’m a nurse.

我的家庭是一个三口之家

There’re three people in my family.

有我的老公和我的儿子

My husband and my son.

我儿子今年7岁

My son is seven years old now.

1月27号 应该是大年初三 晚上九点半到的武汉

I arrived in Wuhan at 9 p.m. on Jan. 27.

在武汉工作了65天

I worked in Wuhan for 65 days.

当时就是一个特别平凡的夜班

It was an ordinary night shift,

然后我们在隔离区里

and we were in the isolation area.

然后当时那天晚上正好是我管这个胡先生

I was taking care of Mr. Hu that evening.

大概是晚上八点钟左右 然后他的闺女 拿了一大包的东西

Hu’s daughter brought a big bag at around 8 p.m.,

然后是给胡先生送了一些生活用品

including some daily necessities,

然后有保温桶里装了一桶 他闺女自己熬的银耳羹

a bottle of self-cooked white fungus soup,

然后还有一封家书

and a letter.

当时他闺女特别着急

She felt anxious at that time,

因为那时候她知道他爸爸(病得)特别的重

as she knew that her father was in severe condition.

然后自己拿着这个信去读的话 可能不太方便

But it was inconvenient for her to read the letter herself.

她希望在我工作不忙的时候 可以念给他父亲听

So she wanted me to read it to her father when I was not very busy.

爸爸更不能投降

“Dad, don’t give up.”

听得见吗

Can you hear me?

这次的病来势汹汹

“The disease exploded with fury.”

老胡那天晚上是一口饭都没吃

Hu ate nothing that evening.

因为给他喂了好几次饭他都吃不进去

I tried several times, but he couldn’t swallow anything.

就是喘得特别厉害 离不开氧气

He breathed very hard, and couldn’t breathe by himself without oxygen.

然后我就跟老胡说 我说闺女来送饭了

Then I told Hu that his daughter sent him a meal.

我说你看看这个是闺女送的饭吗

I asked him if that belonged to his daughter.

然后他认识那保温桶 他就给我点点头

He recognized the bottle, so he nodded.

然后我就是一边喂银耳羹 然后一边给他读他闺女给他的信

Then I read the letter while feeding him.

然后读信的时候也是中间 间断了很多次

I stopped several times while reading.

我就是给他读一段信 然后给他喂两口银耳羹 然后读一段信喂两口银耳羹

I read a couple sentences, and stopped to feed him a spoon of white fungus soup.

我们主要是给他打气

We were trying to encourage him,

然后让他接受吸氧的这个过程。

and let him adopt to the process of oxygen uptake.

当时我看见他闺女特别地着急

When I saw his daughter worry about him,

我就联想到我自己

I thought about myself,

因为我和他闺女的年龄差不多一样大

as we’re almost the same age,

然后我的父母和他的父母的年龄 也差不多一样大

and my parents and Hu are the same age.

因为我自己是医务人员 平时比较忙

As a medical worker, I’m always busy,

包括家庭 包括孩子这边 可能自己付出的会比较少一些

and spend less time on my son and my family.

我们家老公付出的比较多

My husband spends more time (taking care of our family).

我去武汉工作的这段时间

When I was working in Wuhan,

一般就是我的两个妈妈 我的婆婆和我的妈妈轮班地在我们家 帮我来照顾这个孩子

my mother and mother-in-law helped take care of my son.

疫情发生之后

Since the COVID-19 outbreak,

对于我自己的家庭来说 收获最大的就是生命是最重要的

my family and I felt that life is the most important thing.

大家在一起 开开心心 健健康康是最重要的

It’s most important that we stay together healthily and happily.

就是大家互相理解

We understand each other,

家庭关系更和谐了

and get along well with each other.

在武汉的经历 对于我们来说 都是特别珍贵的

The experiences in Wuhan are especially precious for us.

有了武汉的前车之鉴 我们对全球疫情的控制 还是特别有信心的

Given those experiences, we have confidence in the control of the pandemic.

正常生活当中你勤洗手 戴口罩

Washing hands frequently and wearing masks

阻断病毒的传播途径

can help block the transmission of the virus,

一点点地疫情它就会控制住了

and the pandemic will get under control little by little.

我们坚信疫情是暂时的

We strongly believe that the pandemic is temporary,

总会有春暖花开的一天

as we believe that spring always approaches and flowers always bloom.

[ Editor: SRQ ]